Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Web sites in Review 2/12

I appreciated the opportunity (and guidance) to look at some pre-existing site web development sites.  In my brief review of them, they seem pretty straight forward and easy to use.  Somewhat limiting, though, when you compare them to the fancy websites.  I quickly found that I have nothing of interest to start my own web page.

Part 2 with Don Woodward, graphic designer, gave me some great things to think about when designing web pages.  I appreciated his examples and nonexamples and will continue to use this information to review our school and district website.  It seems so simple and obvious when he talked about it, but obviously it is missed by a lot of people.  Good stuff!

1 comment:

  1. I'm intrigued by your comment that you have nothing of interest to start your own website. Are you thinking personally, or professionally? What you're doing with the blog may be as much as you want to do with the web. But it's good to know a bit about the process... how much easier it is now than say, 5 years ago.

    Glad you valued Don's comments.

    ReplyDelete